Spray Foam Insulation
Foamed Insulations offer Closed-Cell and Open-cell sprayed foam insulation for commercial, industrial and residential applications.
Follow the links below or give us a call on 02 9898 0751 and we’ll be happy to give you a hand!
Commercial/Industrial Spray Foam Insulation
Residential Spray Foam Insulation
Spray Foam Insulation: Clean, Safe & Effective
What exactly is sprayfoam insulation? Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) is a site applied foam plastic that is sprayed onto an open surface just like spray painting. As soon as the foam contacts the surface it rapidly expands to create an insulating barrier against wind and outside temperatures. This expansion can be between 25 and 100 times the applied thickness depending on the type of foam being sprayed.
What Does Spray Foam Insulation Do?
Apart from the high R-value that sprayfoam provides, the most important function of the Sprayfoam insulation is the ‘envelope’ that it provides. This insulation envelope ensures that the conditioned air created by your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system (HVAC) stays inside. In this way, it helps you save thousands of energy dollars while also protecting the environment. The seamless application also protects your home from condensation and water. It keeps cold air out in winter and hot air out in summer. In addition to providing excellent insulation, spray polyurethane foam acts as several products including:
- Air barrier
- Vapour retardant
- Weather barrier
Where is sprayfoam insulation used?
It has a wide range of uses, such as:
- Insulation in walls, under roof, under floor and between different levels in residential construction
- Industrial insulation for sheds, suspended concrete slabs, cold storage spaces, freezers, produce storage rooms, pipes, tanks, and more
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- Versatility – Spray foam insulation works for all exposed surfaces including walls, roof, basements, crawl spaces, and attics.
- Structural value – Closed-cell Spray foam insulation adds to the structural integrity of your home.
- High R-value – The higher the R-value, the more resistance it provides to thermal transfer or heat loss/gain. Spray polyurethane foam insulation has a very high R-value.
- Multi-level barrier – Spray foam insulation serves as an air barrier as well as a sound barrier.
- Moisture reduction – Condensation and moisture can cause mold growth and water damage, which spray foam insulation protects against.
See more about residential insulation services